New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Ring Build 18963 (August 16)
Build 18963 changes one of the most iconic legacy Win32 apps in an interesting way. From now on, Notepad will be updated through Microsoft Store.Port of a legacy app to a PWA is not the only notable change in this build; Task Manager can now show GPU temperatures, Settings got some new features and so on.
Read more and discuss the new build on Ten Forums.
Cumulative Update KB4512508 Windows 10 build 18362.295 (August 13)
KB4512508 contains fixes, improvements and security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Cryptography, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Filesystems, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Linux, Windows Kernel, Windows Server, Windows MSXML, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
KB4513172 update Windows 10 Mobile v1709 Build 15254.582 (August 13)
Microsoft does not stop surprising me. Now they released an update for an OS which reaches End of Service in four months, December 19, 2019.
Office 365 Monthly Channel v1907 build 11901.20218 (August 13)
Office Monthly update contains following Non-security updates:
– Excel: Fixed an issue where changing the way a PivotTable is sorted and refreshing it while in a coauthoring session with other users could trigger.
– Outlook: Fixed an issue where users having their mailbox upgraded from basic to modern authentication were ending up with the wrong account associated with their Outlook profile.
Windows 10 v1903 Known issues list gets updated
Microsoft’s Windows 10 Known issues list got updated:
– Domain connected devices that use MIT Kerberos realms will not start up (build 18362.145, August 13)
– Updates may fail to install and you may receive Error 0x80073701 (build 18362.145, August 16)
– Apps using Visual Basic 6 (VB6), VBA, and VBScript may stop responding with error (build 18362.295, August 17)
Status for all three is “Investigating”.
Microsoft warns about vulnerabilities in Remote Desktop Services
Read our story about warnings posted on Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC).
Lenovo’s PC business is booming (August 15)
Lenovo announced its 8th consecutive quarter of revenue growth, thanks largely to double-digit growth in its PC business. Read more on Thurrot.com
Author: Kari Finn
A former Windows Insider MVP, Kari started in computing in the mid 80’s writing code for VAX / VMS systems. Since then, he’s worked in a variety of IT positions. He specializes in Windows image capture, customization, repair and deployment as well as Hyper-V virtualization. Kari is a proud Team Member at number #1 Windows site TenForums.com.